Thursday, October 7, 2010

Was happy to hear about Roy Halladay last night:
"Halladay threw the second no-hitter in postseason history, leading the Philadelphia Phillies over the Cincinnati Reds 4-0 in Game 1 of the NL division series on Wednesday."

Roy was one of the local boys here and attended the same High School as my Son. A few years apart though so I never got to see him play High School Baseball.

Congrats Roy!! We're all proud of you :)

Which reminds me, my Son pitched a no-hitter when he was 10. Pretty cool to see his name in the local newspaper a few days later. I think I have several copies of that one, lol

*******

Today is Ad2Million's 6 week anniversary and we're now over 750 members! The positions I bought on opening day have cycled 44 times now earning back $8.80 of each $10 spend. I'm happy to see this one doing so well and I think Carrie (the Admin) has the right idea to run it at 2% daily rather than how a 'cycler' would normally play out. Works for me!

*******

Good News at GrandBankClub's Easy40Plan:
Congratulations to member...Phoenix14 for winning a 40 Board Position on the latest PIF Pool Draw
Congrats Susan! and Thanks Gord for reminding us to read the News :)

*******

Coming up on my 3 year anniversary here in a week or so. Yep, I've been "blogging" for almost 3 years now. But with the recent passing of my best friend and mentor John, I seriously thought about quitting. Giving up. Who needs it. I can live without it. blah blah blah. Then I read an email today that made me cry (again) when she said:
"
Well, Blondie js has left us so that he may R.I.P & has left a part of him with us and that is through you Blondie he lives on in the cyber world with your blogging, which he taught you well. Its strange not knowing the person but feels like you did that it leaves such an impact on you."
So I've dedicated my blog to "js", and I guess I'll be back tomorrow.
Thanks to Melanie for making me think.

*******

5 comments:

Randy V said...

Hey Judy;

I look forward to reading your blogs each day. I don't say anything sometimes but I do visit and read every day...keep it up!!!....please!!!!

You know me...I am a sports nut and have coached all my life. I love baseball and coached it for more years than I can remember. I really enjoyed watching Roy pitch the no no yesterday. He has waited a long time to get on a team in the playoffs and he didn't disappoint anyone. Its good to hear that info about him and I imagine your son is feeling good about the game too!

Have a great Friday!

blondie said...

Thanks for the encouragement Randy :)

And yes, I know baseball and golf are your things. Do you miss the coaching at all since you're semi-retired now?

Have a good Friday yourself.

Randy V said...

I do miss the coaching some but it sure is nice to be able to plan my day anyway I choose....I guess that's freedom and I feel after 36 years of it, I deserve it. I know I sure am enjoying it.

Have a great weekend!

Susan P said...

Hey Blondie thanks for the congrats! I was pleasantly surprised to see I won the free board position - loving the GBC stuff and looking forward to seeing all of us get paid over and over again!

Also, glad you are continuing to blog as yours is one of my favorites and you bring a lot of good info and laughter to people. :)

blondie said...

Awww Thanks Susan :)

Well it's just me being me.
Sometimes boring but always honest.

Later (wave)