Saturday, October 9, 2010

John Lennon's 70th Birthday

Not much else to report on since everything is doing well. So I think I need to get away from here and do a little cleaning before it gets too late.
Have a good Saturday if I don't see you again.

*******

Note: Ad2million is over 800 members today. YaY!
Just requested a payment and received it in about 10 minutes!
You Rock Carrie! Keep up the good work :)
Thanks to all the members too! This was my first payment in the triple digits! (don't tell my cats or they'll be making their new "treat" list for my next trip to PetSmart, ha!

*******

Today is John Lennon's 70th Birthday.
Makes me feel old to remember him so well.
Happy Birthday John :)





8 comments:

Randy V said...

Thanks Judy! Its hard to believe he would have been 70. I still and always will enjoy listening to any Beatles song. They were the best.

Have a great weekend!

blondie said...

Yeah I was counting earlier how much older he was than me. Hmmm Well I do remember getting excited seeing The Beatles on Ed Sullivan back in the day, lol
You know I love all the Beatle songs too :)
Later

Myrna said...

Hi Blondie/Randy - Isn't it great to reminisce about those older folks !!! Yes I can recall the Ed Sullivan show - we had to walk to the neighbors clear across our little town on Sun. night to watch black and white TV.... ( made us stronger --- right !!he he)
And yes I liked both John Lennon's music and the Beatles.

blondie said...

Hi Myrna,
We had our own TV ever since I can remember but don't recall when we got our first color TV.
Ahhh the good ole days :)
Take care now

Myrna said...

Blondie - good old days yes. My little girlfriend had a b/w tv - her parents were the postmasters in our little town . So one night after being there we were watching a show - and I ran home in time for curfew - and tried to get my mom to tune in the RADIO to that TV channel... What a sad time when I discovered it couldn not be done.
One of the reasons we could not have our own TV was because my dad was employed with the CNR railway - and we lived in a provided house - but we weren't allowed to do any thing to it - one of which was put up an antenna on the roof. Finally many years later it was approved. Now the kids would call that archaic ( spelling ?? )
But I still loved my little life way back then.

blondie said...

Cool story Myrna.
I grew up in good old Detroit MI as a factory workers daughter.
Nothing like your life, I'm sure.
But I think we all have our happy memories from back then. At least, I hope we do.

Gene said...

Hey Blondie. Yes, John Lennon at 70, hard to believe he would have been 70 and that is has been so long since he left us.

Really was a sad day to lose such a marvelous talented person.

Cheers,

Gene

blondie said...

Gotta agree with that Gene.

Cheers :)