Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Big 50 Day

Seems my Tidbit from yesterday was wrong (as Greg pointed out in his comment). Well, either that or they meant "October" only? Either way, who cares? Not a big deal.

*******

Boy am I glad I didn't try to play in that new program launch last night. I never mentioned it here and never did sign up for it either. When I saw 5,000 members in pre-launch waiting to run each other over when the gates opened ... no thanks, I'll stay out. And from what I've read today ... looks like I made the right decision.

*******

Hey, my first spots bought in Ad2Million have cycled 50 times now! YaY! Of course I'm in profit already because I have quite a few positions plus a nice handful of referrals. Thanks you guys!!
It IS going well, isn't it?

*******

Speaking of going well, just read that we're over 50 spots in GBC's Easy 40 Plan too. And 2 more members will be paid shortly. Thanks Gord for keeping us all up to date on the inside workings. Much appreciated!

*******

Got paid last night from
- Funds-o-Matic (doing great and in profit) plus
- Cherry Shares (still working on gettin that seed money out :)
Gonna save GrapeVineFunds payment for later in the week. There's just not enough in there to pull out yet.

*******

OK, here's something of interest along with a story.

Getting ready for winter and snow and snow shoveling, I bought myself a Hoodie the other day. I tried it on in the store, and tried it on again at home before washing it to make sure it was the right size and all.
A couple of mornings ago, I woke up with bite marks all over my face. Probably 4-5 at least and one of them was on my forehead right at the hairline and it itched like crazy!
So am thinkin a spider, fly or mosquito got me during the night. Unless one of the cats brought a flea in the house. Hmmm
Then today I get this article and have to wonder if this is what happened to me. (Thanks to Jim for sending the email.) The Hoodie and all my bed clothes have now been washed and dried!

A bit of information that you might like to know about. We have friends here in our community and one of their sons is an entomologist (insect expert), and has been telling them that there is an epidemic of bed bugs now occuring in America.
Recently I have heard on the news that several stores in NYC have had to close due to bed bug problems, as well as a complete mall in New Jersey.

He says that since much of our clothing, sheets, towels, etc. now comes from companies outside of America, (sad but true), even the most expensive stores sell foreign clothing from other countries.
The bed bugs are coming in on the clothing as these countries do not consider them a problem.
He recommends that if you buy any new clothing, even underware and socks, sheets, towels, etc. that you bring them into the house and put them in your clothes dryer for at least 20 minutes. The heat will kill them and their eggs.

DO NOT PURCHASE CLOTHES AND HANG THEM IN THE CLOSET FIRST.
It does not matter what the price range is of the clothing, or if the outfit comes from the most expensive store known in the U.S. They still get shipments from these countries and the bugs can come in a box of scarves or anything else for that matter. That is the reason why so many stores, many of them clothing stores have had to shut down in NYC and other places. All you need is to bring one item into the house that has bugs or eggs and you will go to hell and back trying to get rid of them. He travels all over the country as an advisor to many of these stores, as prevention and after they have the problem.




8 comments:

danish said...

Whoa, sorry to hear of your experience with the BB's. There are areas here in Toronto that are suffering the same problems with them.
Hooray for the new Global Economy, we get to share everything.....

blondie said...

Thanks Dave,
Don't know yet what it was that bit me, and I don't see anything on the mattress.
But it sure does itch.
Gosh I hope it's not BB's :( eck!

danish said...

As an additional comment. Being a dog and cat lover/owner I will just volunteer this info. If your pets bring fleas into the house, it will be the women of the house who will find out about it first. My wife has often suffered flea bites over the years while I have never been touched. Their bites (fleas) usually are identifiable because they show up as three ( sometimes four ) in a somewhat straight row, more often than not around her waist area or in the ankle area. And they drive her crazy.

blondie said...

That's interesting Dave.
Fleas are not common here though. We're over a mile high in altitude and it's very dry. So they don't seem to like it much. I've never had a dog or cat with a flea problem in the past.
But I will remember your wifes "bites in a row" for future reference.
Thanks as always for the heads-up.
Take care :)

Gene said...

Hi Blondie. Thanks for dropping by my blog. It is indeed sad news about John.

Best wishes,

Gne

blondie said...

Hey Gene,
Had a heck of a time tracking you down but am glad I did.
Take care now :))

Profit Hub said...

Hi Blondie! Just checking in. Sorry about the "Tidbits". I usually check those on Snopes but I was doing some surfing at the same time I sent that one. I hope all is well with you and glad to see you bouncing back a little. Take care.

blondie said...

No big deal Gwen. I actually received it 3 times from different people, lol
Thanks for checking in :)