Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Could Use Some Help With This

I've done a lot of "promoting" in my day, but I've got something to do now and I'm stumped.

I need to get about 8,000 emails sent out and I'm not sure how to go about it.

- Can't use my regular ISP (cause they've shut me down before when I tried), oops
- Don't want to use a bulk mailer cause they all end up in the spam folder anyway, right?
- Thought Go-Daddy's mailer might work, but for the big bucks they charge you can't send too many monthly.
- Could use an auto-responder to send about 1200 per day (without the opt-in notice) but they require my name and address be at the bottom of each email and I'm not comfortable with that.

Does anyone have a PO Box number that I can borrow? LOL
(not that anyone would actually "mail" an opt-out request)

Anybody know what gmail's rules are or their limits on daily email? I can find a link if it comes down to that but thought I'd ask you guys first.

See what I mean, I'm a bit stuck.
Thanks for any ideas you can share with me.
Later (wave)

3 comments:

AussieLady said...

wow, would they all be to real addys? as in you know all these people?? I am amazed if they are, but what is so important to send out that many? Must be something big.
Best of luck, sorry, but I have no clue at these type of emails. If they end up in the spam folder, well I have a quick squiz, but if it doesn't jump out at me I tend to leave them be and be flushed in due course.
Best of luck with it :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy,
Just looked up something about e-mail limits and as far as I can find out, 500 a day is the limit, I think you can aski for more.
Cheers Martyn

blondie said...

Hi AL,
Of course they're real. Not like those 1 miillion email addresses you can buy on a disk for cheap. Those are mostly fudged and we know it, LOL

Hi Martyn,
Yes someone else contacted me about the gmail limits as well. Seems like my best bet.

Thanks guys (wave)