Sunday, June 28, 2009

In Loving Memory

Received the news earlier this week that last Sunday (Fathers Day) my Step Mother of 32 years had passed away.

I was not shocked and I was not sad. She was 95 yrs old and lived a long happy life. She was also able to spend all of her days in her own home, (as opposed to a nursing home or hospital bed) which is what she always hoped for.

I personally am very happy for her knowing that she's at rest and will be joining my Father for a little dance festival. She did love to dance you know.

Her Memorial Service is today from 12:00 - 2:00 EST.
She will be missed dearly, and never forgotten.
Mrs Celia Young
Oct 26, 1913 - June 21, 2009

*******

4 comments:

Randy said...

Judy;

Sorry to hear about your loss. Wow...95. Sounds like she had a full life and one that was very good.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Randy

blondie said...

TY Randy,
Yes, after 95 yrs she was ready to move on :)
Take care now,
Judy

HermitJim said...

Judy...
I am sorry for your lost. I know that she is in a better place, but no words can ever express the emptiness that losing a loved one brings.

I'm glad she was able to stay at her own home until the end. At least she could be around the surroundings and folks she loved.

My thought are with you, dear friend. If you need anything, please just let me know.

blondie said...

Thanks Jim,
You're always very sweet.

Although we lived in different states, I know I'll miss our hour long bitching sessions about the government and every thing else we found to bitch about, lol
She was a great gal!

Appreciate you dropping by.
Hugs to You :))