Saturday, May 9, 2009

Surfs, Cyclers and Stories :))

You guys remember the house across the street for sale? Well the For Sale sign disappeared earlier this week. Yesterday a trash dumpster was dropped off so I knew someone was planning on doing some serious clean out.
I was shocked yesterday to see the 4-5 guys there and what all they did!
All the barrel planters in front of the house are gone. The brick around the mailbox is gone. The shed in the backyard is gone. The gutters and shutters are gone. And then I watched as they Lassoed the top of the brick chimney (for the fireplace), tied the rope to a truck bumper, and Timmmber ...Boom!!! Down it went and shattered into pieces!
Well, the chimney was leaning away from the house anyway so I'm guessing they're going to rebuild it.
Lots of work in one day, that's for sure. What's your guess? Mine is these guys are going to fix it up and flip it. It sure looked like they had done this before. Can't wait to see the finished house :))

*******

I was kind of surprised today to see that I got no surfing credits (money) for yesterday's surf from any of the ESP's that I'm in. So I don't know if there was a problem with the site, the Admin, or maybe the weather. Keeping an eye on them, that's for sure.

*******

Can't say much about the two new surfs yet since it's only been a few days since I joined. So far, so good :) They are Surfing Avenue and USDozen (banners on the right).

*******

PAC is doing fine and giving refunds as they promised they would. I did buy into it again when they reopened, and it's goin OK.

*******

10DollarsWonder continues to cycle on my newest bought positions. Not as fast as when I first purchased, but it's still cycling :)
Sure as hell wish the Admin would get on the ball and open up 10centclub. Maybe he's waiting for Christmas?!? (bite my tongue)

*******

OK, I got a cute story for you.
Was sitting here about 7 PM the other night, the sun was still shining so it hadn't occurred to me to get out and feed the critters yet.
Out of the corner of my eye, I see something moving. Looked outside and saw the Raccoon walking across my driveway on his way to the front door! Oh No! So I quickly opened the door and told him to sit tight, go out back, and I'll be around with his food in a minute.
So I went and filled the food bowls, and the raccoon had a nice meal. Then here comes the stray Kitty. Fed her some cat food. Then here comes the Coyote who helped himself to the bowls of food too. Then here comes the Skunks to finish off the rest.
Was a busy night here at "Blondie's Food Bank", but I'm glad it started early enough for me to see everyone. Kind of cool, don't you think?

*******

Just checked my GNI - Gold Nugget Invest account and it's starting to kick some ass. But since there's another payday tomorrow (or is it Monday), I'll hold off on my compounding of earnings until I see the grand total for the week. Oh and I have another new referral which helps too :) Thanks!!

*******

Was catching up on my blog reading tonight and this one jumped out at me. So I grabbed it from Rods Wanderings and here it is! Thanks again Rod :))

You Are Important

Sometimes we just need to be reminded!

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by: holding up a $20.00 bill In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?"

Hands started going up.

He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this.

He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill.

He then asked, "Who still wants it?"

Still the hands were up in the air.

Well, he replied, "What if I do this?"

And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe.

He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?"

Still the hands went into the air.

My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless.

But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you.

The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE and WHOSE WE ARE.

You are special Don't EVER forget it."

Count your blessings, not your problems.

"And remember: amateurs built the ark ....professionals built the Titanic.

It is what it is

Rod

*******

4 comments:

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

Hey Blondie

It sure would be cool to be able to watch all the animals at feeding time.. they obviously know where to be looked after. It would be awesome to have that experience!

Have a great day

xox-Missi-xox

js said...

I would like to say that... the need to feel special is the need of the ego. The ego wants you to feel special, in some way, so you can keep your individuality, your power, your greed, whatever it is that keeps you from feeling ONE will all apparent others!

So when you hear folks telling you that you are special (in seminars that you go to and so on) do ignore that advice. You are not special. You are ONE with the Divine! There is nothing special about that, it's just a fact that you do not recall. And the ego has you trapped in this world of egoity and specialness. It tries to keep you from the awareness of your Divine and True Nature by telling you that you are special and different from apparent others. Do not listen to the ego! Remember your ONEness. There is no shame in surrendering........ the ego!

blondie said...

Hey Missi,
I sure do love watching them eat. I'm just glad I can help them all get a full belly.

***

Mr JS,
Not sure what to say about your post. Everyone has different views of everything.
I just thought it was a nice little story, so I wanted to share it with others.

Thanks guys !!

js said...

Sure you are not sure Judy! Because you know very little of the ego. As do most others. So you're not alone.

Sorry to say that i have studied the ego for 8+ years. So I can spot it. ok?

And when it rears its ugly head? I will point it out. And thanks for posting.

js

Everybody knows!