Monday, May 25, 2009

It's Monday, and

Happy Memorial Day Holiday to those who celebrate it! I'll be out this afternoon doing a lunch thing with the kids and the dogs and the cat.

Was going to post my Raccoon pictures today along with a story, but I changed a setting on my camera and now the dang pictures won't download to disk. Shoot.

The story was about how comfortable the raccoon is getting when he's around me.
He was at the back of the yard eating tuna casserole last night (it wasn't that good anyway), and when he saw me on the patio taking his picture ... he started coming right to me. I froze. I felt like a deer caught in the headlights. I wasn't exactly sure what to do next.
Now I've heard that raccoons can be mean from time to time, but this one is just so sweet that I can't imagine him wanting to do harm to anyone. But maybe that's why I froze. I was just shocked to see him coming straight for me. I actually said to him "Do you NOT see me here? Mr Raccoon? Sweetie? I'm standing right here!" hahaha
So he took the hint and changed direction. I went back in the house and got him some bread to reward him. He came within 2 feet of me to grab his pieces of bread, and that was just fine for us both.

Then about an hour later, I went out to the garage to get the dog food to fill the bowls. I forgot our power went out and the garage door was left open. So guess who I found helping himself to the dog food in the garage, ha!

That Raccoon is such a cutie, you know?
So alls well that ends well.

*******

Did all my surfings today as usual.
I have cut down on them quite a bit lately. WHY? Well, a couple of reasons. Some I don't trust so much anymore. Some are too tedious, for too long, for too little. And my laptop is still overheating and/or firefox is still crashing. So the time I spend here is valuable to me and I need to use it wisely.

Of course I'm still surfing Surf Reborn and three of the ESP's right now. Should be doing Surfing Avenue, but I'm not at the moment. I cashed out and quit USDozen and PAC (for now, anyway). Don't know what the future holds. I may or may not get back to them. We'll see eh?

Have a good day :)
I gotta run.

*******

2 comments:

Rod said...

Funny I was just commenting to my wife this morning about all the scam mail I was getting today.
Have a nice day.

Rod

blondie said...

Hey Rod,
Seems like someone is selling our email addresses :( There's no way that many folks clicked on my blog and decided to spam me, ya know?
Good Day to you too!