Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quality vs. Quantity

*****

I've heard of people who join every program that gets promoted to them. Why? To make money of course ... or at least try to.

But how many of those "new" programs are going to last long enough for you to see a profit? Not very many I would guess.

It makes me quiver to think about how many scams are out there right now.

And how do you know if it's a legit program or some young boy running a website from his parents basement?
Hard to tell, isn't it?

Well I'm certainly no expert at these things, and I've also had my run of bad luck in the past, but the good news is ...

The programs or games that I've been showing you here (almost daily) are the ones that are working for me and helping to pay my bills.

It's true that the 'long term programs' need to change their rules every so often in order to continue working and earning for all of us. Else they would be forced to close shop, and I don't want that, do you?

So bottom line here is:
Don't jump into every new program that "seems" to be good.
Try to find out who's running it and if they have a "good track record" or not.
Read the forums and other places where you can get info from others like yourself.
And never ever spend more than you can afford to lose. It will prevent a heartache if the program 'disappears' on you. Kapish?

Now as the Hermit would say ... Let's go have some coffee.

*****

Time for some fun :))

If you're a Baby Boomer living in the USA or Canada, read on. If you're not, this might not make sense to you, so I apologize.


Some of these were really funny and I thank Bill for sending them to me. Enjoy :)

The Good Years

It was fun being a baby boomer... until now.
Some of the artists of the 60's are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers.

They include:

Herman's Hermits --- Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker
Ringo Starr --- I Get By With a Little Help From Depends
The Bee Gees --- How Can You Mend a Broken Hip?
Bobby Darin --- Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash
Roberta Flack --- The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face
Johnny Nash --- I Can't See Clearly Now!
Paul Simon --- Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver
The Commodores --- Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom
Marvin Gaye --- Heard It Through the Grape Nuts
Procol Harem --- A Whiter Shade of Hair!
Leo Sayer --- You Make Me Feel Like Napping
James Brown --- Papa's Got a Kidney Stone
Abba --- Denture Queen !
Tony Orlando --- Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall
Helen Reddy --- I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore!
Leslie Gore --- It's My Procedure, and I'll Cry If I Want Too!

And my favorite:

Willie Nelson --- On the Commode Again !!

*****

Take it Away Willie !!!



9 comments:

HermitJim said...

Hey Blondie...I love this song, but you already knew that, right?

Cute how the other songs can be changed to fit our daily lives, huh.

I think the information you gave out is important and we should all be reminded of it from time to time. And as bloggers, we should pass it on...

Good post Kiddo...but that's normal for you!

See ya!

blondie said...

Awwww Thanks Jim,
And you're the first here as always!
Don't stress out over that cable stuff today :) Take ur time, it'll all fall into place.
Later friend,
blondie :))

La Crona said...

I´m not from U.S or Canada, but I am yet glad to give joy and recieve joy from the other side of the Big Sea.

blondie said...

Thanks Mattias,
Even though you probably weren't aware of the songs I posted, I always appreciate you stopping by.
Take care :)

Anonymous said...

I was the result of the baby boom in the UK...and yes I do know the songs as well
take care
Scott
:-)

blondie said...

Wow, good to know Scott.
I wasn't sure about it when I decided to post it.
So we're not that far away after all.
LOL
C'ya later
blondie :)

La Crona said...

Well, I suppose you are a bit older, so I don´t recognize every song you have there although I know a lot of them.

Thanks

Cat Melton said...

I think I am right on the tail end of the baby boom...but I know all those songs.:}

I agree, too with the quality vs quantity part of your post and do appreciate the updates you give on the programs you are in.

You're just an all around, good friend!

Later,
Cat

blondie said...

I'm glad 'some' were familiar to you Mattias :) Thanks

Cat,
Awwwwwww Thanks!
And so are you!

Later,
blondie