Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Hermit is Fine :) plus Wednesday

Wednesday early update ... Hermit Jim is fine!
I just hung up from a very nice chat with him.
He only lost power for a little while, but his cable is still out, which explains why he has not been online updating his blog.
They lost a few trees and their fence is down. Other than that, everyone is doing great! Even his "roomies" are adjusting. LOL
Just thought you'd all like to know the good news!
I was really happy to hear from him since I haven't since Friday.
See you all later :))

*****

Now for the Real Wednesday:

I can't into the MMG Forum, not sure why. Wanted to post a comment there but I kept getting booted out. Maybe they banned me? LOL

Oh well, I guess whatever I have to say I'll have to say it in CIF instead. Which is a much better forum anyway :))

*****

Had the pleasure to chat with Hermit Jim again just now. Wanted to be sure he was aware of the new 10DollarsWonder rules and if there was anything I could do for him while he was "out of computer power".

I myself will be purchasing a few more "new" positions today. I have quite a few set to "low" that I need to get moving.

Wrote to Admin about the exact DATE that the Buy 1 Get 4 ends? Have not heard back yet. You'll be the first to know when I do.

*****

Just received this comment in yesterday's post. So let's talk about it, OK?

"
Hi,
my 10dw positions haven't cycled any more since Saturday. So I didn't earn commissions I wanted to use for making a repurchase of a unit.
I've set my account to "High Priority Cycling". Does this mean that the old positions only cycle again when you have bought new ones?
Thanks for your clarification.
cya,
bk"

I set my account to "High Priority Cycling" as soon as I saw it there.
None of my old positions that are marked "low" have cycled either.
There is an FAQ on the site about that.
Although I have noticed only the positions that are marked "HIGH" seem to be the ones that are cycling.
So, to get them to a High status faster, you should purchase a new position.
If you purchase it before Friday, it will also set 4 of your older positions to High.
If you make a re-purchase today, only the re-purchase will show as High.

There is quite a bit of ongoing "chat" about this in the CIF Forum. You may want to register if you are not already a member, as there are several knowledgeable folks there who are all happy to help others with their questions.

*****

Cody posted a comment today about John Kirk and his family. So if you're involved in DRW, ETXAds, or E-TradeXchange you may want to read his note. It's quite long so I won't post it here. And of course we wish them well and hope they can get back to their 'normal life' soon :))

*****

Where did all these flies come from? I'm tired of chasing down flies. Wish they would all go back outside where they belong. Sheesh!

*****

Well I got cut-off from here at lunchtime. Lou dog showed up unexpectedly but always welcome. So I'll be spending the afternoon giving her hugs and smoochies :))
C'ya all tomorrow.

*****

10 comments:

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

Hey Blondie

Thats just great news. Thanks for keeping us up to date Ive been thinking about him heaps. Enjoy.

Myrna's adventures said...

Blondie - Hurray for Hermitjim and his roomies and his place.
That is a great relief to hear they are okay.
Love and take care of each other !!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Blondie, for getting the word about about my "Bubba". I'm in the same (general)city, but we have had no contact since a brief message "we're fine" on Sunday. Since I'm back at my office now (still no phone or power at home) I was trying to find you and "Cat" to let y'all know they were ok as of a conversation late yesterday. I know he thinks a lot of y'all, and I really apprecitate you keeping tabs on him. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

U might want to post this on your site which I found in MMG -

I've just found out today what's been happening with DRW/e-tradexchange/ETXAds in the last few days.

Because of the severe attack by the devastating Ike, almost everything, especially the southern part in Texas, has come to a halt. John Kirk, owner of DRW/e-tradexchange/ETXAds, and his family had to evacuate from their home at the outskirt of Houston and are staying at a relative's place at least a hundred miles away from home. Since millions of homes lost power, they've also run into this problem, forcing them to go far away everyday to a place where they could plug their lap top in to do the "purging" for us so that we get paid in our accounts. Their server is not in Texas, so no issues there, but a curfew is now in effect in Texas, everyone has to stay indoor after a certain hour. This means that the Kirks only have a few hours a day to run their business.

Do feel safe to continue your normal adpack re-purchases, but please understand that it would take quite a few more days for the Kirks to go home and have access to power so that DRW/e-tradexchange/ETXAds can go back to normal.

js said...

Glad to hear that Jim is safe. And the roomies!

blondie said...

Hey Thanks Missi, Myrna, Cat (in another note) JS and especially Hermit's Baby Sis!
Glad you found me with the news.
Cat is aware also as I wrote to her first after talking with Jim.

I'm soooo glad he'll be back here with us soon!

Cody, I'll probably post that in my blog in a bit. Thanks for the info!

blondie :))

La Crona said...

Hi Blondie!

Glad to hear about Jim! Thanks for the info on DRW there, I´m glad that John Kirk is safe too.

As a poet should express it, life is life when friends are friends....

Manu said...

Hi Blondie,

i am also very relived to hear that Jim is doing fine...very good news indeed. I hope the same goes for the others. Thanks Blondie for keeping us updated.

Take care,
Manu.

blondie said...

Hey Mattias, Hey Manu :)

Thanks you two for dropping by with your well wishes!
They are appreciated :)

Unknown said...

By 09/19/08, every 1 new purchase will lock in 4 prior 09/12/08 positions for "High-priority" cycling.

It looks clear enuf to me that Friday, Sept 19 is the last day to have the buy 1 get 4.