Sunday, August 31, 2008

Deep Cycler will be back soon :))

*****

The Deep Cycler site is down right now. Seems someone thought it would be a good idea to launch a ddos attack on it. Silly people. They asked Austin for $30 to stop the attack. He laughed, and he's going to move the site to another server.
So that will take a couple of days to complete. Not to worry. DC will be back up and running soon. And nothing will be lost except for a couple of days of downtime. Here's a little note from Austin in the CIF forum:

"
BTW for anyone that doesnt know. A Ddos wont hurt a cycler. Basically it just freezes time. We are not an hyip that pays a certain percentage per day so it will be as if we just stopped time for a bit until we can get this resolved. Don't worry though if this continues for a while I will just move the site to another server.

The reason that Ddos works on HYIP and surfs is because they must pay a certain percentage per day to their members and even if the site is down they must still pay. With a cycler We pay out as spots cycle so no spots bought none cycle. Don't worry though as I'm going to hold off on releasing the limits on the new lines until we are fully moved and that way we will get some momentum going and keep on rocking along.


Thanks for your patience everyone."

*****

One of my Cat's just brought me a present, a cute little garter snake.
I noticed before it was too late and got him to drop it! Was happy to see that it was still alive, so back outside it went :))
I had quite a few pet snakes when I was young so I do like them. And the ones I had as a child, 5 of them, were all named after "The Beach Boys". haha

*****

Unless something new and exciting happens, I'll see you tomorrow.

*****



5 comments:

HermitJim said...

Hey Blondie...good morning to ya. Interesting news this morning. Thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, it seems like some are educated in doing silly and stupid things all the time.

Therefore I am so grateful when I can stick to honest people like here, for example.

blondie said...

Hi Jim,
Top of the morning to you :)

Hi Mattias,
Yes, I wonder too why folks try to be so destructive. Makes no sense to me.

Thanks for the visit!

Anonymous said...

I have seen many new unteamed members on Era with very strange nicks recently.Wonder if they are gathered somehow, and what purpose they have?

blondie said...

Well Mattias,
They can be in a group, a team, or both. I don't pay too much attention to that. Am I bad? :))