Monday, May 5, 2008

Yesterday and Mammoth List

What started out as a fun day yesterday, turned sour very quickly. And I think you know why. A brand new program called "Mammoth List" was released and I thought it would be fun to join, right in the beginning, promote and play.

As soon as I sent out my Alert, my friend and yours at 9planetreviews posted a very negative comment in his blog about this program being an internet 'chain letter' and we should avoid it. Having the respect that I do for js, I quickly posted a "join at your own risk" note, along with a few thoughts.

Much to my surprise, I was contacted by Clay Montgomery last night, the Admin of Mammoth List. He read both of our blogs, (mine and js's) and wrote to us to try to clear up a few things. Here is the majority of what he wrote to me:

"
Hi Judy,

I just read your blog site on Mammoth List. I also noticed your comment about John's 9Planet blog site. Your blog on this looked very good until I saw that negative statement about the chain letter thing so I wanted to follow up on that personally.

I'm Clay Montgomery. I'm the one who created Mammoth List. Do a Whois on the domain and you will see all my contact information. I don't hide anything.

You were right in part of your statement. This cannot be a chain letter. There is no letter. We don't use the mail at all. Chain letters have no real product or service. ML has a great service. It builds people's lists extremely fast. It also happens to have a nice side effect called money.

Even if this were a chain letter, which again, it is not, chain letters are not illegal. There are no federal or state laws against it. There is a federal policy against them when the US Postal Service is used but that's a policy, not a law. You cannot be fined or put in jail because it's just a policy. The US Gov't considers them a waste of human resources. That's all.

AlertPay has no policies against them either. Nor do they have policies against MLM or affiliate programs like PayPal does.

You are welcome to verify everything I'm telling you. I just want you to have real facts to support your blog posts. ...

... The site is basically free for anyone to use. I have to make my money and build my list just like everyone else. I did that on purpose because that in itself is the best proof I can offer that this really works. I cover all the site costs out of my pocket. I also devote the better part of every day to support for this site and I don't have any help from anyone else.

Mammoth List just officially launched today (Sunday) and we have over 200 members already. There are some big names in there. Most of which you would probably recognize. Frederick Mann, Rune Fjortoft, Dave Sherman, Jennie Menn, etc. There are more coming on board. These people know a good thing when they see one. Just like you saw a good thing. You're in good company.

If I can do anything else to support this just ask.

Clay Montgomery"


So there you have it. What do you guys think?
Did I jump the gun posting my "beware"?
Did the post in 9planet make me 'too' nervous?
Do I feel better now?

I don't know yet.
Myself and Clay have both written to js.
But it's early here.
So let's hang loose and see what today brings.

*****

Just read a nice note from a reader, Scott, who gave me an update on his P-2-P* and 10DollarsWonder accounts. He's a happy camper! Did a "test withdrawal" on both of them, (which a lot of folks do to gain their trust or just to see how it works) ... and has re-purchased in both. Yay! Thanks for the update Scott :)
*if you want the link to join, you must now ask me :)

*****

One of my Cats just started scratching at the door when he wants to go out. Where did he learn that trick? Ohhhh I know ... he must have picked it up from Lou dog. Guess he figured if it worked for Lou, it should work for him too.
Funny Cat =^..^= Well he was right, and he's outside now.

*****

I need to take a few deep breaths.
Will fill my coffee cup, take a shower, and maybe be back.
Later :))



12 comments:

HermitJim said...

Blondie...thanks for sharing the note from Clay with us. As long as there are new programs coming out, there will always be different viewpoints on them. That's what makes the net such a fun place to work and earn.

The whole point of what we do as bloggers or reviewers is to give our opinions about these new programs. You, in fact, have a disclaimer on your sidebar for all to see!

Not all programs appeal to all people...that's called freedom of choice. If you don't like it, don't join. Sorry to be so long, but what I'm trying to say is...keep on doing what you do, go with your instincts, and we will always be your faithful readers!

Just my opinion
Jim

Unknown said...

Hey Blondie, I join Mammothlist. Started Advertising today, No fear here. I Join Trafficera under you, my ID is time135 Hey Blondie thanks for being here...

blondie said...

You guys are great!
And I must admit (although I shouldn't) you made me a little sappy.
Thanks for being here for me.
This is what I like to do and it always gives me a nice warm feeling to know that someone else can benefit from my posts and perhaps my instincts.
Luv you guys!
blondie

ps, I just asked John to invite you "time135" to our Team at TE. Hope that's OK.

Anonymous said...

Well, the way I see it, you know, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then... :-) So, IMHO Mamouth list is nothing else but a variation of chain letter, which not necessarily has to be a bad thing, but I don't like chain letters... :-) Best regards.

blondie said...

Comments are good.
Keep em comin.
It's always good to hear different views of different programs.

danish said...

Hey Blondie,
It's Danish. It's the first time I've commented on your blog.
First, it is excellent...and informative, and most important honest.
So to the question you pose. No you were not in my opinion too hasty to post your "beware" warning. I first learned of this program while surfing. While tempting at first, I just did not like the ' chain letter' similarities and decided to wait and think about it. Checking out your blog, and that of js, justified my re-action ( actually..non-action) in my own mind.
You were true to form to post the ' BEWARE' note, which is why more folks should read your blog daily.
We really need folks like you and John (js) shaking the wheat out of the chaff.
Regards,
Dave
(danish)

danish said...

Hey blondie,
2 comments in one night. The flood gates have opened.
I have become frustrated with e2epay/10DW. Sent the following to admin tonight. Just for your info.
Will wait for 24 hours before posting it in MMG. But here it is:

Hi Admin,
I'm a very patient and tolerant person........until. I have never posted a negative comment about e2epay, and the now extreme delay in the transfer of accounts to 10DW. Your decision has cost me a lot of money. I know I'm not alone. Frankly, I don't give a damn about that point.
From our point of view, we are now not interested in your reasons or excuses. We are only interested in our money put into e2epay; and the lost earnings.
I don't care anymore what your problem is or was......get the damn e2epay accounts transferred!!!
Figure out a way to compensate e2epay account holders for the losses, or at least some of them. Do it now!!!!
Or the NEGATIVE vibes and comments on various blogs and forums will start to bury e2epay as a viable pay processor before it gets going; and cause a lack of confidence in 10DW which will be the death nell of it as well.
Enough is enough my friend, illness or no, get your ass in gear and get it put right.
danish/danish1

Cat Melton said...

Hey blondie,
Just wanted to check to see if you were unfragged yet...lol. (I made that word up all by myself).
I have joined ML from your link, but have not paid yet. Mostly for technical (computer) reasons. I do think this program is like a lot of "chain" letters out there, but I also think it could be fun to see what kind of results you get. Maybe even use this as a form of "test" for your advertising methods to see if you can get those 20.
I am still on the fence on this one, but will act (fall?...lol) one way or the other before long.
I hope you are able to gain great speed with your computer soon...lol
Later,
Cat

blondie said...

David,
First, thanks for posting your comments. Appreciate it.

Am glad you sent that email to the Admin of 10dw. However, I wouldn't post that in MMG or any other forum. I understand your frustration but posting that will only make things worse. And he doesn't visit the forums. Never has.
And you know how forums are. They tend to "follow the leader", especially when a negative comment gets started. So if you haven't yet, please give it more thought, ok?

I am thinking he had more trouble than he thought he would, moving the e2epay folks over to 10dw. He did give a timeline for it, and that date is not up yet. I know he's told me a few times "no more delays" but I do believe some of the programming may have taken him by surprise.

So please sit tight for a bit longer. He's not running away. I am missing the program also. But can survive a little bit longer.
Thanks


Hey Cat,
Yes I AM unfragged now! lol
Let's see if it helps today.
Take care :)

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

In regards to davids email.

It has been ecieved and replied to within support.

Thanks for what you have put up about things. Your support of the programs is so appreciated through this testing time for all.

The unfortunate thing with all emails of that nature to support is that they do not get seen by admin at all. Just me at this stage. I am asked to forward ONLY urgent emails containing account detail updates, missing positions, payments that are not paid past the 120 (BUSINESS HOURS). It is not that all other emails arent important but unless it is a technical issue admin really does not need to be slwoed down any more than necessary at this point.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, : D

Has anyone made more than $14 with mammoth list? Is Mammothlist a scam?

Thank you for your time,

Steven

David Putulan said...

It is a very basic economic rule that anything that sounds too good to be true, it is. The list generated from mammothlist will largely not be a responsive one as it is not neccassarily targeted. People are mostly driven by greed and fall for any easy way out. Sell them a harder program and they will not take it.