Monday, May 12, 2008

Raccoons, Updates and Morals

Was getting ready to walk out the door yesterday, when I spotted a cute little Raccoon sitting on the patio.
Now it was around 2:30 in the afternoon so I knew something was not right.
He appeared to be crying, which just broke my heart :(
I figured he had to be either sick or hurt to be out in the middle of the day. Attempted to call "Animal Control" with no luck. Got through to the County Sheriff's office, who forward my call somewhere else ... and no one answered there either. Worried that he was sick and knowing there were parties at the neighbors (with small children), I kept trying to get a hold of someone, but never did.
So I wish I had a happy ending to this short story, but I don't. The next time I checked on him ... he was gone. So I just hope he found a nice dark place to lay down and relax where no one would bother him. Poor thing. I hope he's OK.

*****

I noticed that my Favorite Semi-Private Program* has reached 20,000 members! Nice :)) I have about 2 more weeks before my 1st deposit 'matures'. Pretty exciting I think! I've also heard from other members who have all been in this longer than me and are ALL very happy!
*if you want to know who it is, you must now ask me :)

ALSO: Just got word from 2 new members that I tried to help during the last 2 days. One of them could not get his verification link, and the other's problem was more complex. So (not trying to pat myself on the back but) am Happy to Report that both their problems HAVE BEEN resolved, and they are now Active Members! So Yayyyy!

*****

Received another payment from DRW yesterday within minutes after requesting it. I think I'll purchase more AdPacks for awhile now and do my fair share to keep the 'daily profit share' in motion.

*****

Just read a funny post over at Hermit Jim's about Dogs and Cats and what they really think about us :))

*****

Since I was gone yesterday afternoon, I was online sort of late last night. Logged into 10DollarsWonder just in time to see myself cycling!
Have you guys checked the "cycled positions history" lately? I'm glad I did. Gave me a better idea of how the cycling is done. No ... I'm not saying that I fully understand it. Just saying that I'm not clueless any more. And it also gave me a good idea as to why I sometimes don't cycle in a day. A-ha.

*****

Sometimes I find it hard to stoop to other levels. Especially if that level is not in my nature. I just can't do it. So instead, I found this nice little piece that I thought you might enjoy.

By
Robert Fulghum

"All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be,
I learned in kindergarten.

Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain,
but there in the sandpile at Sunday School.
These are the things that I learned:
Share everything
Play fair
Don't hit people
Put things back where you found them
Clean up your mess
Don't take things that aren't yours
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody
Wash your hands before you eat
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you
Live a balanced life; learn some and think some
and draw and paint and sing and dance
and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon
When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together
Be aware of wonder
Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup
The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup,
They all die.
So do we.
And then remember the Dick and Jane books and the first word you learned the biggest word of all
LOOK
Everything you need to know is in there somewhere
The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation
Ecology and politics and equality and sane living
Take any one of those items and extrapolate it into sophisticated adult terms and apply it to your family life or work or your government or your world and it holds true and clear and firm

Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap.
Or if all the governments had as a basic policy to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess
And it is still true, no matter how old you are... when you go out into the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together."

*****

7 comments:

HermitJim said...

Judy...now ya done it! Got me all sappy and everything with that post. I think it's great!

I'm gonna have to take lessons from ya! you're my hero!

Your Fan
Jim

blondie said...

Ahhhhhh ok (blush)
Not sure why you said what you said, but I'll take all the credit I can get :))

La Crona said...

Hi Blondie!

I know a woman who complains on me for promoting Driven Rapid Wealth.She asks for contact-info on their site.Have you any idea who they are?

blondie said...

Well, she can write to them from the Contact button on the site and ask, I suppose :)

Also, more info about DRW is posted in my Two-fer Tuesday post on April 15th. Scroll down. You'll see it.

Thanks
blondie

austin said...

Awesome posts over the last few days blondie. I haven't read in a few days and I had a delightful time catching up. Keep up the great work!

Cat Melton said...

Hey blondie,
Isn't it amazing how life's most complex problems can be solved, (or at least made more bearable)just by applying the simplest of principles...those you should have learned in Kindergarten!
Hope you're having a better day, today...
Cat

blondie said...

Austin HI! and Thanks :))
Appreciate your visit as always!

Hey Cat!
Nice to see you too.
Yeah, problems are problems and I'm sure we'll always have them. I just hope things get easier as we go.

Take Care!